Stitchfix September 2015

Saturday, September 19, 2015 Anya 0 Comments

Just received my September Stichfix a couple of days ago and thought I would share what I received this time around. This is my 2nd fix and I was assigned a new stylist (Kallie). I didn't keep anything from my first box but I thought that everything was really close and it was either a fitting issue or the item fit in my general style idea but the specific item just didn't work out for me.

When I first received the box I just pulled out the style card to see what would be included without looking at the actual pieces. Judging just from the style card I was underwhelmed and thought it might not have worked out so well..BUT...I was wrong. Turns out it really matters to see the pieces themselves and to try them on. The two pieces I really loved (the Papermoon Krissie Sparkle Knit Top and the Gentle Fawn Barboza Jacket) just don't look as nice on paper as they when you try them on.

I was really surprised when I pulled all items out in the evening and loved the sparkle top and jacket right away. Totally my style - Kallie nailed 2/5 (almost 3) in the first box to me styled by her. That's amazing! But let me fill you in on what I received:


1) Bay to Baules Korbyn Geo Charm Layering Necklace
I liked the necklace...a mix of gold and silver but wasn't sure I would love it enough for the price. Looking back I should have probably kept it. Looks nice with the top and jacket.
RETURNED
2) Market & Spruce Bernadette Lace Overlay Raglan Top
This one isn't my style at all. I love a good raglan shirt, but the blue color wasn't really my speed and I don't like lace in colors other than white or black. Also this has way too much lace for my taste.
RETURNED



3) Papermoon Krissie Sparkle Knit Top (see picture below)
This cute little top "had me at hello". The right amount of sparkle and a nice fit. Love it. The only negative is that it is hand wash only, but since my machine has a button for that...I can deal. :)
KEPT
4) Gentle Fawn Barboza Jacket (see picture above)
Love this jacket. Love the gun-metal color and how it falls. Love that it easily dresses up and down depending on what you wear with it. Nice piece for the fall weather in San Diego. It feels amazing too! Only negative is that it seems to wrinkle easily and I don't feel like ironing a lot. It was too good to pass up though...so this one was a clear winner!
KEPT

5) Kut from the Kloth Kate Boyfriend Jean
A size to big for me...totally my mistake though. Changed my pants size in my style profile for next time. Wouldn't have kept it though since I have a good amount of blue jeans at the moment.
RETURNED

Overall I was super happy with my 2nd fix. If you would like to try it you can use my referral link by clicking here.

One thing that is really helpful to get a good fix is to share a Style pinboard on Pinterest with your stylist. You can find my style pin board for inspiration here.

Can't wait to see what will be included in my October fix.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: